History of the hotel
The name Füruter was first mentioned in documents in 1502 and our first ancestors settled in Weisswald in around 1720. Many years and decades of hardship and deprivation pushed the people of Pitztal to their limits until after the Second World War.
From 1875 onwards, the first tourists gradually found their way into the valley for mountaineering. Sepp Füruter – a pioneer of his time – leased the “Taschachhaus” at 2,740 m from the German Alpine Association in 1949 and thus began his first independent activity as an innkeeper.
Together with Wastl Mariner, Hermann Buhl and Kuno Rainer, he was one of the best ice climbers in the 1950s and worked as a ski instructor and mountain guide. He was then appointed to the training team of the Austrian Association of Mountain and Ski Guides.
In 1960, the time had come for Sepp to open the first guesthouse in Weisswald and he named it Berghaus Seppl.
The Pitztal spring
Pitztal on the way to becoming a World Heritage Site for water
The source of the Weisswald spring is in Weisswald. The Sports & Vitality Hotel Seppl is supplied directly by the natural spring, which rises at 1,580 metres above sea level. The spring catchment area is located in the Kaunergrat mountain range, which forms part of the Pitztal Alps.
The spring source was discovered and developed by “Sepp Füruter”, after whom the hotel was named and built. Bruno Füruter, his son and current owner of the hotel, has expanded the spring and subjected it to numerous tests and patents. The results of analysis of the spring water have produced sensational values.