History of the hotel
The name Füruter was first mentioned in documents in 1502 and our first ancestors settled in Weisswald in around 1720. Many years and decades of hardship and deprivation pushed the people of Pitztal to their limits until after the Second World War.
From 1875 onwards, the first tourists gradually found their way into the valley for mountaineering. Sepp Füruter – a pioneer of his time – leased the “Taschachhaus” at 2,740 m from the German Alpine Association in 1949 and thus began his first independent activity as an innkeeper.
Together with Wastl Mariner, Hermann Buhl and Kuno Rainer, he was one of the best ice climbers in the 1950s and worked as a ski instructor and mountain guide. He was then appointed to the training team of the Austrian Association of Mountain and Ski Guides.
In 1960, the time had come for Sepp to open the first guesthouse in Weisswald and he named it Berghaus Seppl.
With 40 beds, it was a popular holiday destination both in summer and in winter with a ski lift at its doorstep. The first major conversion took place in 1978 with the addition of a second bed wing. The first indoor swimming pool in Pitztal was also built instead of the open air swimming pool. The guesthouse became a hotel.
In the mid-1980s, Bruno took over the management of the hotel from his parents, who actively supported him in the background. Sadly, Sepp Füruter died in 2001, but his innovative ideas and his work live on. His wife, Anna Füruter, was known as the heart and soul of the house and actively supported the business up until her death in 2008.
Bruno, who runs the business today, was a successful skier in the 1970s. After finishing his sports career, Bruno devoted himself to flying in addition to his primary occupation in tourism. He also made a name for himself as a singer. His appearances in the ADELbar, the umbrella bars of the Pitztal hotels and in the Pitztaler Alm count as true insider tips.
In addition to ongoing improvements, an extension was built in 1991 and the wellness area was added to the hotel in 1995. Over the next few years, quality improvements were made on an ongoing basis. In addition to the new luxury rooms and suites (140 beds), the outdoor pool, whirlpool and “Poachers’ sauna” in the log cabin were added to expand the wellness area.